One way to enjoy your travel escapade is by planning it thoroughly ahead of time. This is essential because finding the best hotel to stay in, the cutest stores to shop, and the best places to eat takes up a lot of work. Last minute changes are normal so you must have the patience once it comes out of nowhere. So what are we going to do to enjoy our travel vacay to the fullest? Here are some tips down below.
Research While Still at Home
- The most important part before you go is doing advance research. Try to find the best flight deals because some of them are pretty expensive and the affordable ones are hidden out of sight sometimes. Choose the one that suits both you and your budget so you won’t travel with an empty wallet. Make a short list of where you want to go and what you want to do during your trip. And finally, choose a country. Booking a flight in advance is essential because it gives you the chance to do last minute changes without worrying about anything.
Don’t Forget Your Travel Documents
- Organize your travel documents before you go. Make sure all of them are updated; from passports, visa’s, and International driver’s licenses. All of them takes time and money to be updated. Be sure to create back-ups of your travel documents before you leave. Give a copy for each of your friends and family and keep an extra spare with you so that you have an extra back-up just in case.
Be Aware of Packing Guidelines
- Only pack clothes that you’re surely going to use and leave the ones that aren’t. It’s essential to pack comfortable, cool, and breathable clothes too. Pick different kinds of outfits that you can mix and match, you can always buy new ones though. Make sure to bring a scarf with you if you’re planning to travel during winter.
Bring Your Medications
- It’s important to visit your doctor before you go so he/she can prescribe you with the right medication that you may need to take. Don’t forget to drink your meds on time to avoid getting sick and always keep them in their original packaging as you go.
Find Places with Free WiFi
- We always share everything to social media while we’re on vacation so having WiFi is a must. Off course there’s mobile data but you may want to avoid using such to prevent your phone from being charged overseas. Before you go, search out places that offers free WiFi. Don’t also forget to bring your chargers and converters before you leave the country. Make sure to download any travel apps, familiarize yourself with them and only keep the ones you’ll use the most so that it won’t take up too much space on your phone.
Convert your Cash
- This one is important especially if you’re traveling overseas. Before leaving your country, make sure to convert some of your cash to the currency of the destination you’re traveling. Make sure you’re familiar with different conversion rates and don’t carry around large amounts of cash with you. Keep your extra cash in the bank instead as you can always use your ATM card to purchase something overseas.
Must-Have Travel Apps:
Unmapped – it is an app to easily access your travel itineraries. It also has a feature to collaborate with your friends. You can check recommended places to eat, stay, and many more. You can also keep track on your findings and be able to share them with other travelers. The app also has a journal section where you can list and write anything. Overall, it’s an all-in-one travel app.
Timeout – is a city guide and trip planner app. It allows you to find all the latest restaurants, cafes, events, concerts, almost everything that’s going on inside a town. It’s a great app if you’re too shy to ask on random people.
XE Currency – is a must have app to manage your money. It’s an always up-to-date currency converter app. The app is very handy so that you’ll never be surprised where your money went because of changing exchange rates.
Google Translate – So for example, you’re on a restaurant and the menu is written in their native language. No need to worry because Google Translate is here to save the day. It has a nice little feature where you point your camera on a word or sign and the app will automatically translate it for you. You can also use this app to help you get around without learning the local’s language.
Tripit – is a lightweight app which syncs all your confirmed travel bookings on your email and formulates them into an itinerary. The app organizes everything from your flights, accommodation, and cars into one single itinerary that you can easily share with other people.