For single mom’s out there who wants to travel the world with their little ones, this article is for you. Below, you’ll find ten traveling tips to keep your trip as smooth as possible with minimal effort. So what are you waiting for? Let’s read on!
Book Your Dinner Reservation as Early as Possible
- Booking as early as 5:30pm on a restaurant you plan to have dinner with can give you a chance to reserve seats before everything is taken. This also leaves you plenty of room to park your baby stroller too. You won’t even have to worry of your baby making loud noises since restaurants are still empty at this time.
Book Flights During Your Baby’s Sleeping Time Schedule
- If you want to have a quiet and peaceful flight, then booking your flights during evening is the best way to go. During this time, your baby will probably sleep at some point, resulting to one less hassle to deal with. So you can have an enjoyable flight without your little one making loud noises inside the plane.
Always Choose a Direct Flight
- Booking flights with short layovers is a good idea if you don’t want to keep away with the hassle of delayed flights. If your first flight is delayed, you’ll have to act fast just to get to the another gate while carrying your baby and baby stroller at the same time. This won’t happen when you opt for short layover flights.
Drive While Your Baby is Sleeping
- If you’re going for a drive from one city to another, then it’s best doing it during the evening while your little one is sleeping. To make your baby fall asleep faster, bathe them before hitting the road so that you can have a peaceful and quiet evening trip.
Be The Last Person to Board the Plane
- There’s no need to rush if you’re going on a plane because everything is already laid out in your itinerary. Let your baby play around the airport for a few minutes so they won’t have energy anymore once they’re inside the plane. This can make them fall asleep faster and saves you trouble from people complaining about your baby.
Bring Cloth Diapers
- Cloth Diapers is better than disposable diapers. Why? Because you’ll be able to hand wash it and use it again for as many times as you like. Saves you time from bringing disposable diapers which only takes space on your luggage. The good thing about cloth diapers too is that it doesn’t irritate your baby’s skin.
Purchase Things That Are Essential for The Trip
- If your baby stroller is starting to fall apart, then it’s time to get a new one. You can also opt for a baby sling too so that you can carry your baby safely around your body while using both hands to carry your luggage.
Bring a Lot of Clothing Layers
- Air conditioning inside the plane can become colder during the flight. So it’s better to bring extra clothes to make use of it as layers for both you and your little one.
Book a Hotel Room with a Crib
- A lot of hotels offer rooms with a crib installed. So it’s better to go with one for your baby to use. If you can’t find one, you can buy your own crib at your destination and set it up on your hotel room instead.
Rent a Car That Has Plenty of Room for Your Baby Stroller and Stuff
- Baby strollers takes up a lot of space along with all the luggage you had with you. So it’s better to opt for a rental car that has enough space for all those stuff. It can be pricey for sure but it’s all worth the money.